Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

The past five weeks since the Elk/Beaver Ultra (see race report) have passed by in a manic blur of activity that has been fun and exciting at times and trying and stressful at others. Life has been anything but routine so it's with a sigh of relief that things have returned to "normal" this week. Without going into too much detail, we have been to Spain and Edmonton, had visits from my parents and in-laws, bought a new house, been trying to sell our home and in between all that tried to fit in some work and workouts.

My running has been as wildly inconsistent as the weather this month, and my recent sleeping and eating habits leave much to be desired. Instead of taking the time to prepare quality food, I've been relying on a pot of coffee to fuel me throughout the day and a glass (or two) of wine to relax at night. No wonder I feel like crap and have been suffering through my runs.

Why I signed up for the Scorched Sole 50km ultra this weekend, I don't know. I've had a few good days of proper training, nutrition and sleep but I still don't feel very fit right now. Hopefully, I can pull it together for the race. I'll let you know next week how it went in my post-race report.

No comments:

Post a Comment